What makes Batty’s Bath Mascara so awesome?
Batting an eye has never felt so natural (literally) until now! No more racoon eyes. No more droopy lashes. No more clumpy messes. Even though our eyes are one of the most sensitive areas on our body, drug store mascaras traditionally are some of the most heavily chemically contaminated products available on the beauty market. Finding a natural mascara can be tough, especially one that does everything you expect in a mascara.
Batty’s Bath Clean Slate Mascara doesn’t just give you volume and length; it restores and conditions your lashes to a healthy state with Vitamin E. Consider it a fresh start! It won’t smudge or budge, crease or weigh down your lashes. It stays put and will do so until you’re ready to wash it off (which of course it does without having to use harsh makeup removers). Sensitive skin and eyes? No worries, we’ve formulated it with extra care to make sure that even contact wearer can use it!
What’s the secret? It’s not really a secret at all! We formulate using rice powder, a well-kept, ancient beauty trick. Not only is rice powder an all-natural alternative to Talc (most commonly used in drug store brands), it provides a buildable thickening agent for longer, fuller lashes. Rice Powder also give our Clean Slate Mascara its smooth application, helping you avoid those nasty clumps.
Above: Before (left) and After (right) applying Batty's Bath Clean Slate Mascara. Thank you to A Clothing Horse Blog for reviewing our mascara!
In a nutshell:
- All-in-one formula (lengths, thickens and conditions)
- Smudge proof
- Long wear
- 100 % natural
- Safe for sensitive skin & eyes
- Vegetarian & gluten free
How to use Batty’s Bath Clean Slate Mascara:
- Once you’ve got the rest of your makeup in place grab your Clean Slate Mascara for the finishing touch.
- Placing the brush parallel to your eye, start at the base of your lashes, and work the brush in a zig-zag motion from root to tip.
- For your bottom lashes, use the tip of the brush in the same manner, only holding the brush perpendicular this time.
- Let dry and then give yourself a flirty wink because you’re now ready to take on the world girl!
- For a more dramatic look, apply more than one coat. Let stand to dry for a few seconds in between applications. You can also curl your lashes before applying the mascara for a more wide-eyed appeal.
- Avoid the bad habit of “pumping” your wand between lash applications. We promise you there’s enough on the wand to coat all your lashes without having to reload the brush. Simply turn the wand. Pumping will increase the amount of air that gets into the tube, which can cause the mascara to dry out, and therefore shortening its shelf life.
- Just like you've likely learned with traditional mascaras, it's best to use up your mascara within 3 months from the time you started using it. After 3 months it's recommended to start on a fresh tube.
- Size: 8g / .28oz
- Packaged in a recyclable tube.
- Organic Chamomile Hydrosol (floral water)
- Carnuba Wax
- Organic Beeswax (locally sourced & ethically harvested)
- Shellac Wax
- Stearic Acid (natural plant based fatty acid)
- Organic Rice Powder
- Organic Sunflower Seed Oil
- Glycerol (vegetable based)
- Vitamin E (gluten free - sunflower derivated)
- Organic Soybean Lecithin
- Rosemary Extract
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Oregano Leaf Extract
- Thyme Extract
- Lavender Extract
- Golden Seal Root Extract
- Lemon Peel Extract
- Cinnamon Bark Extract
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Black Iron Oxide
Find out more about these icons here.
This is the only mascara I'll buy now!
This mascara is amazing! Honestly it took a little while for me to get use to it as I think it does take a little longer to dry than other mascaras but totally worth the wait! It builds coverage easily and DOES NOT CLUMP!!:) In fact my daughter the other day was touching my eyelashes (do not ask why !!LOL!!) and she commented on how soft they were ! I do use 2 layers of mascara and do not have a issue with my lashes clumping together at all ! Love this stuff!! It does last a long time as well so totally worth the cost!!
I've always had issues in finding a mascara that doesn't weigh down and cause my lashes to fallout. This definitely gives a clean lift that lasts all day (I think my lashes are growing from using it!). The only reason I'm rating 4 stars is the brush is hard to work with - I wish it had a combing action, but it's just a too thick of an applicator that makes it difficult to reach inner lashes and stains my lids (because it's too big). Otherwise, I love the product and will be purchasing again. If you're a seasonal allergy sufferer like myself beware as some of it will come off if you rub your eyes.
I love this mascara! It doesn't run, doesn't irritate my eyes, and doesn't clump. One coat is enough for the day and if I want it darker for evening, I put on another coat.
This mascara does exactly what it claims - lengthens, volumizes, and doesn't clump! Love it!
Doesn't give me racoon eyes by the end of the day like some other mascaras do. It goes on well and washes off easily.
I like this mascara. But it does dry quick. I liked how light it felt on my eyes, not weighing them down.
I confess...I have a love/hate relationship with mascara. It's complicated. I have oily skin...so much so that my lashes pick up the oil from my face and this causes even the most iron-clad waterproof mascaras on the market to give me raccoon eyes after a few hours of wear. On top of this, the scrubbing and chemicals needed to get that off each day ends up causing my lashes to fall out. I gave up the fight a long time ago. Enter Batty's Bath. $30 is a lot to spend on yet another mascara experiment but it has been so worth it! I now wear Batty's Bath Clean Slate Mascara for 14-16 hours per day WITH NO RACCOON EYES! Is that exciting or what?! Plus, since it washes off so easily, my lashes have grown back so I have a full set and I swear the nourishing ingredients have made them longer. It's jet black, applies beautifully in a single coat (or let it dry in between coats for a more dramatic effect). The fact that it's not waterproof can't even be considered a drawback with all of it's other attributes. I could not be more thrilled with this product.
I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara! I have been wanting a natural mascara for a while but hesitated because I've heard the formulas were smudgy and weak. This one knocked it out of the park though. Went on smooth and made my lashes look nice a long. Took an extra few minutes to dry (which may have helped prevent it from looking clumpy). Once it dried though it wasn't easily smudged and didn't get flakey. I will only be buying this mascara from now on!
This is the perfect mascara to use when you know you aren't going to cry or get soaked in the rain. Because it is NOT waterproof! On the plus side, this mascara will not be one of the reasons why your eyes tear up during the day. And thank goodness for that! This mascara uses a super gentle formula that feels so great on my lashes! I actually had to think about whether or not I was wearing mascara today because it just feels that good when I'm wearing it! I found that my lashes did not clump together when I applied this formula. They just looked super natural and pretty which is a huge bonus! My only suggestion when using this mascara is to be careful when applying it with the wand as it can get everywhere. Also, this mascara takes a while to set! So for those of you who wear glasses, please leave extra time for your mascara to set! Otherwise you will end up with tiny streaks of mascara on your glasses (that's a problem with most mascaras, though). All in all, this is a great mascara! Buy this if you can be separated from your favourite waterproof mascara!