What makes the Dry Clay Mask so awesome?
Batty’s Bath Dry Clay Mask has the consistency of powdered hot chocolate and the same ability to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This 100% natural facial mask was formulated with the highest concentration of the detoxifying minerals and is the perfect addition to any skin regime, especially for those with normal to oily skin.
Need to get a handle on your oily skin? Used regularly, the dry clay mask will help your skin find its balance again, all while removing impurities and dead skin cells, reducing redness and discoloration and improving circulation to the skin. Talk about a multi-tasker!
Suffer from the dreaded dry skin? No worries! Just mix the Dry Clay Mask with some pure aloe before applying. This is also a great way to attack and calm breakouts.
In a nutshell:
- helps reduce redness, discoloration, and hyper-pigmentation
- helps pull impurities, dirt, and toxins from pores
- calms breakouts when applied with pure aloe
- 100% natural
- made with the strongest of the detoxifying clays • helps to balance oily skin and absorb excess oil • removes dead skin cells
- regular use can improve circulation to the skin
- creates a smooth healthy glow
- best for normal to oily skin
- combine with pure aloe for dry skin
What Olive Green Clay Really Does for Your Skin
Olive Green Clay is our “go to clay” around here because it’s strengthening for all skin types! This clay has got it going on
So the next time you’re applying our primer, or detoxing with one our of facial masks, you know exactly what that wonderful clay is actually doing for your skin! It’s a good feeling isn’t it?
How to use the Dry Clay Mask
Using a clean powder, kabuki, stippling or foundation brush collect the dry clay onto your brush, and tap off any excess.
Apply the powder as you would a mineral foundation in circular motions, ensuring that you reach all the nooks of your face.
Grab that long forgotten DVD series of Friends or True Blood collecting dust on the shelves, and watch a couple episodes.
If you end up watching a whole season, that’s O.K.! The longer the mask stays on the better!
When you finally decide to hit pause, rinse your face with luke-warm water.
Follow-up with a good exfoliation to remove any skin pollutions left behind. We suggest using
one of Batty’s handmade exfoliators or her Charcoal Soap rubbed with a bath mitt.
- Grab the liquid Aloe you ordered from Batty's Bath with your Dry Clay Mask. Didn't order any? No problem - Visit your local health food store and get your hands on some pure aloe. NOT the one with additives that comes in a gel form. Pure aloe will be in a liquid state.
- If the nearest health food store is out of reach, or if you’ve already put your pajamas on for the night and refuse to be seen in public, honey or water will suffice.
- In a small bowl, mix approximately one teaspoon of the dry clay with some aloe. You want it to be the consistency of mud.
- Use your fingers to apply the wet clay to your face in gentle circular motions. Make sure to apply evenly. Avoid applying the mask to the sensitive areas around your eyes.
- Once you look ready to join the cast of creatures from the blue lagoon, go grab that copy of the latest release from Jodi Picoult your friend lent you six months ago and you never read. Start reading.
- Pry your fingers from the pages for a minute (We know it’s THAT gripping, and you can’t believe you didn’t read it sooner) and realize that the mud has completely dried.
- Using lukewarm water, wash away the clay mask along with all the impurities your skin was harbouring.
- Follow-up with a good exfoliation to remove any skin pollutions left behind. We suggest using one of Batty’s handmade exfoliators or her Charcoal Soap rubbed with a bath mitt.
Still having trouble locating some pure aloe? Batty sells it too! Add it to your cart as an option when purchasing your Dry Clay Mask at shopbattysbath.com
Size: 50 g / 1.76 oz
Packaged in a glass jar
* If you're looking for a clay mask that's beneficial after pregnancy, where cellulite or stretch marks are of concern, or you suffer from rosacea, I suggest going with our wet clay mask (not this dry formula).
100% Natural Kaolin
Find out more about these icons here.
Every time I use this mask, my skin looks so smooth and matte after. I really feel like it helps to unclog my pores. I use it as a wet mask by mixing it with a little water. It's a bit messy but it works!
I just used this for the first time and it is nothing short of miraculous! I work delivering mail outside on dirt roads, so the dust is endless. By the end of the day, my skin is two shades darker from dirt coverage alone. In the shower, I washed by face (and body) with Batty's Black Charcoal CP Soap Bar. After my face dried, I applied the mask dry (pinching the clay between my fingers and rubbing it all over my face, focusing on areas prone to blackheads) and left it on for two hours. I could see that the clay was sopping up deeply-buried skin gunk because my face looked more and more like it was part of a pointillism painting, with problem pores being highlighted by the clay working its magic. When it came time to remove the mask, I used Batty's Tea Tree Facial Nut Scrub, massaging it into my face for two minutes, then carefully washed it off. When I looked in the mirror, I saw that the mask had eliminated about 98% of my blackheads and my face looked so refreshed! My face felt so clean and detoxified. I followed it up with Batty's Soothing Eye Gel, my own homemade serum for acneic skin, and a heavy layer of Batty's Patchouli Facial Moisturizer (since the clay and exfoliants both tend to dry out skin). I am a firm Batty Believer and brand new Radiant Rebel!
I love this mask! It is a slightly messy process when applying but well worth it. Leaves my skin feeling soft and looking great as it helps eliminate toxins which cause blemishes.
This product works very well. I haven't ever used a mask before, but with Battys instructions and when, where, how to, how often, with what, (she gives you all the answers), it made it easy! Just make sure you follow the instructions and exfoliate well after, bc it can make you break out if you don't! This is why I like Batty bc all the crap on the store shelves don't tell you this. This product definitely unclogs my pores on my nose and cheeks better than I thought it would. My skin feels so soft after too.
Good mask for detoxing the skin. Love the environmentally friendly packaging. Only downside is the messy/awkward application.
This mask is great for declogging the pores. I use it once or twice a month shortly before and during those days where my (hormonal caused) breakouts usually occur. Together with the Mild Jojoba Facial Scrub it works great and my skin looks so much better. The application is very messy and a bit awkward thats why I only give it 4 stars but those are the only reasons ;)