Nature's Veil CC Cream in a nutshell:
- Provides a light, yet buildable, coloured coverage
- Can be worn on its own, or under foundation for heavier coverage
- Contains sun-blocking properties
- Packed with aloe and chamomile to help calm acne and irritated sensitive skin
- Contains antioxidants to help fight premature aging
- SUPER lightweight, for that barely there feeling
- Evens out skin tones and hides imperfections, especially those with pink/red hyperpigmentation and scarring
- Hydrating AND moisturizing (Yes there’s a difference, click here to learn more)
- Perfect for those with rosacea, sensitive or acne prone skin
There’s so much awesomeness in this jam-packed into this product that we felt it was best to break it down for you. Keep reading for the full breakdown.
Ever feel like you’re going to war with your makeup routine in the morning? Or get super confused when you watch a YouTube video that tries to teach you how to get the “flawless, no makeup” look using a combination of 50 different products and brushes with code names that sound like you’re listening to a police scanner or a professor talking about molecular compounds?
We know that there’s nothing more freeing than one of those “NO FUSS, NO MUSS” kind of days. Now what if we told you could have an effortless makeup routine, AND flawless, polished looking skin? Introducing the Batty’s Bath Nature’s Veil CC (or as we like to call it Clean Canvas) Cream. This product combines the best of a moisturizer, hydrator, primer, light foundation and all around skin caring cocktail.
Like most traditional CC creams, we’ve tinted ours to help blur out and camouflage those spots and dots. The SUPER lightweight formula leaves your skin feeling clean and naked, and not smothered by your foundation, all while giving the confidence to face the day. It gives you a build-able, light to medium coverage (If you feel like you need a bit more cover, check out our Whipped Foundation). By design, this product helps eliminate the looks of scars, hyper-pigmentation, rosacea, blackheads and pores. This cream can be used over your daily routine products like moisturizers, gels, primers and even a light application of serum.
Nature's Veil CC Cream comes in 3 shades containing neutral undertones so that it can be worn by the vast majority of women.
- Buff Fawn: porcelain and very fair skin tones
- Almond Vanilla: moderately fair to light skin tones
- Honey Flax: tanned/olive to light complexion women of colour
- Use the Colour Matching Chart in the images above to connect your current foundation shade to one of ours
Need a little more help figuring out your shade?
- Check out the handy shade charts and detailed descriptions our Mineral Makeup Foundation page or Whipped Foundation page.
- Grab a Shade Swatch Card
- Check out our Shade Aid Database
Hydrator & Moisturizer
We couldn’t just make a CC Cream without adding in some TLC for your skin too! Balanced skin isn’t always the easiest to achieve. Often our skin’s missing one of two key components: water and/or oil. When we neglect to correct these, we often see people suffering with dry skin, oily skin or even acne. (To learn about this, click here). That’s why when Batty was creating the blueprint for this product, she knew she had to jam-pack her CC cream with BOTH hydrating and moisturizing ingredients:
- Aloe Vera: A super hydrator known for its abilities to balance and regenerate skin. It also contains shaman-like healing properties that aid in the calming and healing of acne and irritated/sensitive skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Known as the Kingpin of hydrators, this ingredient’s superpower (especially when boosted with glycerin, which of course we did) comes from its unique ability to keep moisture IN your skin. This is an extra special component for those with dry skin AND/OR oily skin as oily skin often occurs when the skin is craving water.
- Argan Oil: This glorious moisturizing oil is one your skin will sing praises of! It won’t leave your skin feeling greasy and contains tons of Vitamin E (can you say “hello luminous skin, and so long dry patches”)
- Jojoba Oil: This moisturizer is like a second skin…. Literally. Jojoba oil is like our natural sebum’s identical twin, and helps replenish the essential fatty acids in our skin.
Healing & Aiding
Thanks to chamomile and aloe, this CC Cream is like having tiny nurses on your face helping to relieve and restore problem skin. Not only will it NOT cause irritation, it can also help to soothe and comfort in trying times, making it safe for those with even the most sensitive skin, cystic acne, and rosacea.
- Overflowing with antioxidants which help prevent premature aging.
- This tiny jar of immense might is brimming with Vitamin C. Everyone knows that Vitamin C is good for the immune system, but did you also know it contains topical benefits for your skin too? For those with oily skin or acne, it helps reduce redness and discolouration. This can include uneven colour left over from acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage. Not to mention, this prominent vitamin is known for its ability to rejuvenate a brighter, more youthful and radiant glow.
- Provides an imperative protection from the sun’s harmful rays thanks to Titanium Dioxide. Note: This won't replace the natural sunscreen you take with you the beach! We're talking about your daily "back and forth to the office" type of protection.
How to use the Natural Veil CC Cream:
- Go about your regular skin care routine including you moisturizer, gels, mists and serums (light applications of serum only). Need a step-by-step guide for building the perfect skin care routine for you? Check out this page.
- For the simplest and lightest application, use clean fingertips to massage a dime-sized amount into your skin until your skin is covered and no streaks are visible.
- For a medium coverage, use a clean fingertip to apply several little, evenly spaced dots of CC Cream to your face. Use a stippling brush (those makeup brushes that are larger, condensed and usually flat-topped) to stipple, not smear, the CC Cream until you’ve blended it out evenly. If you need a little more coverage in certain areas, you can repeat the process until your achieve the desired coverage. We can’t stress enough that you always need to make sure you’re using a clean makeup brush! This will help reduce the risk of increasing your acne and other irritations.
- Once you’ve got your CC Cream on, set with our Oil Absorbing Setting Power, or you can even use a light application of the Mineral Makeup Foundation for a full coverage application.
- You’re now ready to move onto the rest of your makeup application.
Check our VA Karla's Guide to Foundations Brushes to discover her tricks for achieving a flawless application no matter which Batty's Bath foundation you chose!
- Aloe Vera
- Coconut oil
- Glycerin: organic / vegan
- Polyglyceryl-2 stearate (and) glyceryl stearate (and) stearyl alcohol: Emulsifier of vegetable origin, certified by Ecocert for organic products / vegan / Polyglyceryl-2 stearate & glyceryl stearate are both rated 0 in the Skin Deep database. Stearyl Alcohol is rate a 1 in the Skin Deep Database
- Organic safflower seed oil
- Organic jojoba oil
- Organic argan oil
- Organic roman chamomile oil
- Xantham gum: rated 0 in the skin deep database
- Ubiquinone (q10): antioxidant of vegetable origin (and approved for organic cosmetics) / rated 0 in the skin deep database
- Hyaluronic acid (vegan): see the "Hydrator & Moisturizer" section above
- Vitamin C: see the "Healing & Aiding" section above
- Titanium dioxide (natural oxide - non nano)
- Iron oxide
- Radish root ferment filtrate: a natural preservative
- Size: 30 g / 1 oz
- Packaged in a glass bottle
Find out more about these icons here.
I love this CC cream so much! It's perfect for everyday use; I use it alone when I don't want (or feel I need) much on my face, and I combine it with the Mineral Foundation on most days. I love the texture, the way it blends and feels on my face. I definitely recommend and will purchase again!
I have been using the natures veil CC cream for a few month and I was very pleased with the amount of coverage it gave me with the little amount that I use . I was also amazed with how the pigment matched my skin so flawlessly! Definitely my new go to foundation! :) thanx batty' teams !
This cream is great! Love the smell, texture and color. I have fair skin. I got the Almond vanilla.
Love this CC cream- I apply it over my hydra healing gel before it completely dries and makes application a breeze. Love that it provides some additional coverage beyond moisturizing . I use this in combination with Mineral Powder Foundation and love the coverage the two products provide together and does not feel heavy at all!!
I would give this 10 stars if I could! I have worn medium/full coverage foundation for 20+ years because I have/had horrible cystic acne, red, angry skin. After about a month on Batty's products (but still wearing heavy foundation) I saw a You Tube video of Batty doing her morning routing with the CC cream. She spoke about how it works for her even though she has scars and uneven skin tone (Like me!). I decided to try it. I am so happy I did! It really does cover my scars, redness, and any small blemishes I may have. Just one pump! I am so in love with this stuff - please don't ever stop making it!!
Best cc cream ever. I love that it is also a moisturizer, which means that you are getting everything just in this one product. Coverage, protection from the sun and skin loving ingredients. You can´t go wrong with this!! You can get either light or thicker coverage, it just depends on how much of the product you use. I will forever and ever use this!
This stuff does a pretty good job evening my complexion. I don't like to wear a ton of make-up (if any) throughout the day. Just a touch of this stuff and you're skin will look brighter, and more even. I used to wear Kiehl's Correcting & Beautifying' BB Cream, which did a great job for a number of years (ages 22-27), but it's got all this toxic stuff in it (e.g. Nylon-12). It's nice to know that I'm using a great product that is safe and will last a while.
As a longtime foundation wearer, I was looking for a product that would even out my skin and be good for my skin too. Enter Nature's Veil CC cream. Since using Batty's skin products I have noticed a great improvement to my skin (less oiliness, reduced breakouts and congestion). The CC cream blends wonderfully and improves the look of my skin without feeling heavy. I feel good knowing that I am using a natural, botanical cream that is beneficial to my skin. Thank-you Batty!
I agree with Im in heaven as I have the same 3 criteria I go by. I am not a big cosmetic wearer, but when i do, I want 'clean' products.
Let me first start by saying that I love this CC Cream!!! It has completely replaced my usage of any toxic name brand foundations I have used. I love the subtle coverage and as time goes on, I can see a noticeable improvement of my skin along with using many other of Batty's products. I would describe the coverage as light and sometime's imperfections show through but I don't mind because all I need is a little concealer and I'm good to go! My only complaints would be that I wish there was a rough estimate of the SPF and that it came in a larger bottle. However, considering how great it is, I do not mind these few concerns! I definitely see myself being a lifelong customer. Thank you Batty!!