Nature's Veil CC Cream in a nutshell:
- Provides a light, yet buildable, coloured coverage
- Can be worn on its own, or under foundation for heavier coverage
- Contains sun-blocking properties
- Packed with aloe and chamomile to help calm acne and irritated sensitive skin
- Contains antioxidants to help fight premature aging
- SUPER lightweight, for that barely there feeling
- Evens out skin tones and hides imperfections, especially those with pink/red hyperpigmentation and scarring
- Hydrating AND moisturizing (Yes there’s a difference, click here to learn more)
- Perfect for those with rosacea, sensitive or acne prone skin
There’s so much awesomeness in this jam-packed into this product that we felt it was best to break it down for you. Keep reading for the full breakdown.
Ever feel like you’re going to war with your makeup routine in the morning? Or get super confused when you watch a YouTube video that tries to teach you how to get the “flawless, no makeup” look using a combination of 50 different products and brushes with code names that sound like you’re listening to a police scanner or a professor talking about molecular compounds?
We know that there’s nothing more freeing than one of those “NO FUSS, NO MUSS” kind of days. Now what if we told you could have an effortless makeup routine, AND flawless, polished looking skin? Introducing the Batty’s Bath Nature’s Veil CC (or as we like to call it Clean Canvas) Cream. This product combines the best of a moisturizer, hydrator, primer, light foundation and all around skin caring cocktail.
Like most traditional CC creams, we’ve tinted ours to help blur out and camouflage those spots and dots. The SUPER lightweight formula leaves your skin feeling clean and naked, and not smothered by your foundation, all while giving the confidence to face the day. It gives you a build-able, light to medium coverage (If you feel like you need a bit more cover, check out our Whipped Foundation). By design, this product helps eliminate the looks of scars, hyper-pigmentation, rosacea, blackheads and pores. This cream can be used over your daily routine products like moisturizers, gels, primers and even a light application of serum.
Nature's Veil CC Cream comes in 3 shades containing neutral undertones so that it can be worn by the vast majority of women.
- Buff Fawn: porcelain and very fair skin tones
- Almond Vanilla: moderately fair to light skin tones
- Honey Flax: tanned/olive to light complexion women of colour
- Use the Colour Matching Chart in the images above to connect your current foundation shade to one of ours
Need a little more help figuring out your shade?
- Check out the handy shade charts and detailed descriptions our Mineral Makeup Foundation page or Whipped Foundation page.
- Grab a Shade Swatch Card
- Check out our Shade Aid Database
Hydrator & Moisturizer
We couldn’t just make a CC Cream without adding in some TLC for your skin too! Balanced skin isn’t always the easiest to achieve. Often our skin’s missing one of two key components: water and/or oil. When we neglect to correct these, we often see people suffering with dry skin, oily skin or even acne. (To learn about this, click here). That’s why when Batty was creating the blueprint for this product, she knew she had to jam-pack her CC cream with BOTH hydrating and moisturizing ingredients:
- Aloe Vera: A super hydrator known for its abilities to balance and regenerate skin. It also contains shaman-like healing properties that aid in the calming and healing of acne and irritated/sensitive skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Known as the Kingpin of hydrators, this ingredient’s superpower (especially when boosted with glycerin, which of course we did) comes from its unique ability to keep moisture IN your skin. This is an extra special component for those with dry skin AND/OR oily skin as oily skin often occurs when the skin is craving water.
- Argan Oil: This glorious moisturizing oil is one your skin will sing praises of! It won’t leave your skin feeling greasy and contains tons of Vitamin E (can you say “hello luminous skin, and so long dry patches”)
- Jojoba Oil: This moisturizer is like a second skin…. Literally. Jojoba oil is like our natural sebum’s identical twin, and helps replenish the essential fatty acids in our skin.
Healing & Aiding
Thanks to chamomile and aloe, this CC Cream is like having tiny nurses on your face helping to relieve and restore problem skin. Not only will it NOT cause irritation, it can also help to soothe and comfort in trying times, making it safe for those with even the most sensitive skin, cystic acne, and rosacea.
- Overflowing with antioxidants which help prevent premature aging.
- This tiny jar of immense might is brimming with Vitamin C. Everyone knows that Vitamin C is good for the immune system, but did you also know it contains topical benefits for your skin too? For those with oily skin or acne, it helps reduce redness and discolouration. This can include uneven colour left over from acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage. Not to mention, this prominent vitamin is known for its ability to rejuvenate a brighter, more youthful and radiant glow.
- Provides an imperative protection from the sun’s harmful rays thanks to Titanium Dioxide. Note: This won't replace the natural sunscreen you take with you the beach! We're talking about your daily "back and forth to the office" type of protection.
How to use the Natural Veil CC Cream:
- Go about your regular skin care routine including you moisturizer, gels, mists and serums (light applications of serum only). Need a step-by-step guide for building the perfect skin care routine for you? Check out this page.
- For the simplest and lightest application, use clean fingertips to massage a dime-sized amount into your skin until your skin is covered and no streaks are visible.
- For a medium coverage, use a clean fingertip to apply several little, evenly spaced dots of CC Cream to your face. Use a stippling brush (those makeup brushes that are larger, condensed and usually flat-topped) to stipple, not smear, the CC Cream until you’ve blended it out evenly. If you need a little more coverage in certain areas, you can repeat the process until your achieve the desired coverage. We can’t stress enough that you always need to make sure you’re using a clean makeup brush! This will help reduce the risk of increasing your acne and other irritations.
- Once you’ve got your CC Cream on, set with our Oil Absorbing Setting Power, or you can even use a light application of the Mineral Makeup Foundation for a full coverage application.
- You’re now ready to move onto the rest of your makeup application.
Check our VA Karla's Guide to Foundations Brushes to discover her tricks for achieving a flawless application no matter which Batty's Bath foundation you chose!
- Aloe Vera
- Coconut oil
- Glycerin: organic / vegan
- Polyglyceryl-2 stearate (and) glyceryl stearate (and) stearyl alcohol: Emulsifier of vegetable origin, certified by Ecocert for organic products / vegan / Polyglyceryl-2 stearate & glyceryl stearate are both rated 0 in the Skin Deep database. Stearyl Alcohol is rate a 1 in the Skin Deep Database
- Organic safflower seed oil
- Organic jojoba oil
- Organic argan oil
- Organic roman chamomile oil
- Xantham gum: rated 0 in the skin deep database
- Ubiquinone (q10): antioxidant of vegetable origin (and approved for organic cosmetics) / rated 0 in the skin deep database
- Hyaluronic acid (vegan): see the "Hydrator & Moisturizer" section above
- Vitamin C: see the "Healing & Aiding" section above
- Titanium dioxide (natural oxide - non nano)
- Iron oxide
- Radish root ferment filtrate: a natural preservative
- Size: 30 g / 1 oz
- Packaged in a glass bottle
Find out more about these icons here.
It was time to replace my old tinted moisturizer, and I was hoping to find one packaged in glass but that still worked well. This is my new everyday foundation - so light and yet skin enhancing. It evens out my complexion without being heavy. And I love that it's packaged in glass.
Ok, I admit I purchased this with some trepidation. I've got a few pretty stringent requirements for my makeup. First, it needs to score very low on EWG's Skin Deep database. Second, it needs to not irritate my extremely sensitive skin. Third, it needs to cover the redness in my cheeks and nose I seem to have acquired as I've gotten older. Fourth, it needs to feel like I'm NOT wearing makeup. I've never been able to find a foundation, let alone a CC cream, that has fulfilled all my requirements...until now! I am completely floored at the coverage this CC Cream provides. I have medium skin tone and the Almond/Vanilla CC Cream looks AH-MAY-ZING. It covers my redness and it's so light and comfortable to wear, I've been using it daily, which is something I cannot say for any other brand I've purchased. It's got buildable coverage that takes care of my redness and it feels fantastic on. It stays on really well and my sensitive skin has never been happier! I am definitely going to be purchasing more!! Thank you, Batty - I'm now a believer!!!
No, really. I love this product!! I have gone through samples of all of the lightest shades in the Whipped Foundation (Fawn, Buff and Almond) and every single one of them was too dark for my pale skin. BUT! Enter this CC Cream and wow. Just wow! It is the perfect match for my skin and makes my skin look luminous and flawless! This paired with the concealers, oil absorbing powder and facial primer are a match made in heaven! This CC Cream looks so great hours after applying! You can build up the coverage nicely, and it feels so light on my skin! I will be re-buying this product for as long as this store carries it!!
This is my new HG liquid foundation (even though it's a cc cream (; ). I apply with my fingers over batty's primer/detox moisturizer and it lasts allllll day. I do have to blot with rice paper to soak up oil after 4 hrs or so which is no biggie! Also, the coverage is much better than I expected you can keep building up layers without it looking cakey. I love it! Thank you Batty!!
Great product, super light and smooth texture. You don't even feel like you are wearing make-up. I will definitely purchase again.
LOVE this! my new favorite makeup. It feels very nice on my skin and the color blends with your skin very nicely - not too heavy. Your skin is left feeling silky and healthy. I LOVE that it's all natural and high quality at a great price, well done!!
I use this CC cream under a powder foundation when I want fuller coverage. It goes on smoothly and gives my skin more of a porcelain appearance than if I use the powder foundation on its own. By itself, the CC cream does a good job of toning down redness and other mild discolorations. My skin is sensitive and prone to rosacea but it loves this cream.
I have dry, flaky skin. Batty's CC Cream feels nourishing on my skin and gives me a little colour to even out my skin tone. On days when I'm at home I leave it at that. If I'm going out, I add a dusting of the powdered mineral foundation over top. #quickeasyandeffective
I first bought honey flax since I use mineral powder honey shade, but the honey flax cc cream is way too dark for me. So I bought almond vanilla which is a much better colour match for me. It works well when I have some breakouts, so I don't need to worry that the makeup will make breakouts worse.
Batty, I am so happy that you decided to make a CC Cream. This one is lovely! I got the Almond/Vanilla and it is a great match for me. The cream is light and feels great on the skin (just like all of Batty's products!). It works wonderfully in tandem with the Quick Tint Moisturizer. I use it primarily under my eyes in the morning and it does a great job of evening out my skin tone. It also helps if I ever have any redness on my face. It works well with the powder foundation as a concealer (under eyes or for blemishes/redness of any kind) A little seems to go a long way (which is great), so I look forward to enjoying my first bottle for quite a while.