What makes these concealers so awesome
Finding a full coverage concealer can be tough! Even though Batty’s Mineral & Whipped Foundation provides excellent feather-light full coverage, some days (like the, I want to stay in bed and sleep days!) call for some extra reinforcements! Enter Batty’s Mineral Concealers!
These 100% natural mineral concealers provide coverage for a range of “bad face days” from the I need more sleep dark eye circle days, to the raging hormonal break out (please cover this monster zit!) days... and pretty much everything else in between! So when it’s been another busy day followed by a not even close to long enough night, you can grab a little dab of concealer, follow up with a light dusting of mineral foundation, and nobody will know that you’ve missing out on your beauty sleep!
Plus, you won’t have to worry about making things worse when you use Batty’s concealers to cover up any problem areas! Because covering up a zit just to have it explode into a cluster of zits just isn’t efficient.. and creates one nasty cycle! If you’re caught in a cycle like that, it’s time to change things up (with you guessed it, Batty’s mineral makeup!).
The ingredients in Batty’s concealers aren’t just picked to ensure they don’t cause problems. They are also carefully selected to be beneficially for your skin too! Many of which are important in clearing acne, rosacea, and other tough skin concerns. Some of those benefits include...
- moisturizing, softening
- light sun blocking properties
- some believe that sweet almond oil (the main ingredient in these concealers) helps get rid of dark eye circles with continued use
- provides a breathable protective layer (so your skin can heal without having to deal with environmental stresses like wind and pollution)
- packed with vitamins (including A, B, C and E - important in skin growth and renewal), minerals, fatty acids (which aid in healing rosacea by reducing inflammation, and providing a dose of skin cell healing nutrients which produce prostaglandins - they promote the contraction of blood vessels), GLA, and antioxidants (important anti-aging ingredients).
- promotes healing of damaged skin (like acne breakouts and hyper-pigmentation)
- anti-inflammatory (important for healing acne and rosacea), antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties
Batty’s Mineral Concealers come in two shades: Warm Sand (light) and Cocoa Cream (medium).
Warm Sand is our light shade and matches well with our foundation shades 1 - 4 (Buff, Fawn, Almond, and Vanilla).
Cocoa Cream is our medium shade and matches well with our foundation shades 5* - 7 (Honey*, Flax and Cinnamon).
*A note if your foundation shade is Honey (#5): Honey skin tones fit right in between Warm Sand and Cocoa Cream. Some “honey’s” prefer the lighter Warm Sand, and others prefer the darker Cocoa Cream.
In a nutshell:
- 100% natural
- Provides medium to full coverage
- Safe for acne prone skin
- Won’t clog pores
- Contains sun blocking ingredients
- Conditioning and moisturizing
- Sensitive skin safe
How to use Batty’s Mineral Concealers
- If using, apply Primer
- Using a small makeup brush or your (clean!) finger, apply concealer
- Apply Foundation and/or Finishing Powder
Application for Mature or Dry/Dehydrated Skin
This is VA Lauryn’s tip for using Batty’s mineral concealers on mature skin!
(This tip also works if you find the mineral concealers too heavy or too thick, or you have dry/dehydrated skin).
- Take the lid off the concealer
- Using a small makeup brush, take a small amount of Batty’s Soothing Eye Gel and place it on the inside of the concealer lid.
- Next, using the same makeup brush, take a small amount of the concealer and mix it with the eye gel.
- Mix until both are blended together fully
- Lastly, apply your new (hydrating!) concealer mix where it’s needed.
- Size: 5g
- Concealers are packaged in glass jars*.
- Jars come packaged inside a cardboard box
- This product is vegetarian and cruelty-free but not vegan (it contains beeswax sourced from local, ethical beekeepers)
- The several batches of concealers were packaged in plastic jars thus the pictures showing plastic jars. Until all the concealers in plastic jars sell out, you may receive yours in a plastic jar rather than a glass jar.
None of our ingredients are micronized (no nano particles here)!
- Organic Jojoba Oil
- Organic Avocado Butter
- Organic Sweet Almond Oil
- Organic Aloe Vera
- Organic Shea Butter
- Titanium Dioxide
- Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic Castor Oil
- Organic Evening Primrose Oil
- Iron Oxide
- Zinc Oxide
- Beeswax (local & ethically harvested)
- Rosemary Extract
- Meadowfoam Oil
- Neem Oil
- Rosehip Oil
- Vitamin E (gluten free)
Find out more about these icons here.
I've only used this a few times so far but I think I might be using it wrong because I always love Batty's products but this one just isn't perfect for me. I find that it sinks into my creases. I've tried "baking" my eyes by putting a ton of the setting powder under and leaving it for a while (thus was recommended on YouTube for this issue) but it didn't work. I'd be happy to hear some suggestions. I did find it reflective and maybe that's part of the problem because that adds dimension. Help? -------- Batty's reply: Thanks for the review! This product is a bit tricky to get the hang of as you need next to NONE of it for it to work properly lol. Think of the amount you think you'll need, then divide that in half, then divide it again - that's probably getting close to how much you need. Also, this concealer is best for concealing imperfections. For concealing dark under eye circles, check out our Bright Eyed Beauty Mineral Concealer - it's specially made for under eye circles If you want to see how to best apply both of these concealers, check out the demo video we recorded. In the video, VA Karla applied both products to me and went over troubleshooting techniques. You can find the video at the link below. Makeup Troubleshooting + Demo Session - http://battysblog.com/makeupdemo
A little goes a long way. I've had my concealer for a couple of weeks now and I've only just finished using the little bit that was stuck to the inside of the lid. It's concentrated for sure! I use a dusting of mineral foundation or setting powder over top to give a matte finish. Great product!
I have tried so many concealers over the years, and this one is by far my favorite. It is smooth, creamy, covers well, goes on easily, blends in, is long lasting and most importantly, it does not irritate my skin. I've been using Batty's products for several weeks now and they've been great for my sensitive skin. Thanks!
This concealer is really awesome! It covers up acne, redness, under eye circles you name it. I will never use anything but this now. It smells great too. It blends right into your skin and it looks natural.
I have a collagen disorder that causes scarring from the slightest blemish or scratch and will always have to use concealer in order not to be scrutinized. So to find one with no toxnis is heaven sent, This is really thick and covers flawlessly. Unfortunately, I thought my 30 year journey to find the right product was over but the Smooth Cocoa is not dark enough and is a bit too purple on my skin.
This is the best concealer I have ever tried. It smooths on effortlessly and blends beautifully. The ingredients in this concealer helped to break a terrible cycle of dry skin and cystic acne. It actually seems to have healed my skin while concealing rather than clogging up my pores like other concealers. It is the best. It would be amazing if there was a shade in between Warm Sand and Smooth Cocoa, but the Smooth Cocoa works for me.
I love concealers but this has been the BEST one ive used yet! You barely need anything because its so concentrated! It also spreads on easily and does not crease as other brands do!
I was a bit skeptical about buying a mineral concealer, as I have had bad luck in the past with others...but this product is wonderful! I was so pleasantly surprised--it works perfectly at covering up the broken veins around my nose and some old acne scars as well. I have fair skin, but the Smooth Cocoa shade blends right in. You only need to use a little, so it is economical as well! Hooray, I finally found a natural concealer that actually works!!
In my opinion, this works best on newly emerging acne, old scars, and well hydrated skin. I like that this concealer has beneficial ingredients while helping hide skin discolouration. Very creamy. The warm sand shade is quite light, even for my pale skin (I use the almond tone powder). You do not need a lot, so do not fret over the price for the tiny amount- this will last you a very long time.
This concealer definitely conceals! It covers the angriest of red pimples and also acne scars, but like others have pointed out, it is pretty light. I'm using Almond Mineral Foundation now, and when blended over the concealer well, it's not noticeable, but it would be nice to have one more shade in the middle of Warm Sand and Smooth Cocoa.