What makes Skin Support Serum so awesome:
Our Skin Support Serum is very different from our other serums. It's not a moisturizing blend of plant oils or hydrating infusion of botanicals. Instead, it's a highly targeted fusion of botanical extracts - each chosen for their specific acne-balancing properties.
Batty's Skin Support Serum is made with natural ingredients and is recommend for those who are experiencing skin problems due to hormonal imbalance.
Take a look at the break down of ingredients and their benefits below:
- Wild Yam Root
- Helps balance hormonal breakouts and flare ups (such as flare ups of acne, rosacea, or eczema). It's also an anti-inflammatory.
- Red Clover Blossom
- A blood cleansing and nutritive herb useful in inflammatory skin conditions.
- The Red Clover Blossom also fights acne-causing bacteria! If you think bacteria might be the cause of your acne, see this blog post for how to fight it!
- Chaste Tree Berry
- Is the superior hormone balancing herb for women (and as such, it helps balance hormonal breakouts and flare ups)
- Burdock Root
- A gentle yet effective herb for bringing the body back into balance. As an anti-microbial it is used for skin eruptions/blemishes and a variety of skin conditions.
- Sarsaparilla Root
- Traditionally used as part of a "spring clean" or health detox as it is known for being a great blood cleansing tonic. It's also useful in calming inflammatory reactions (which are often the cause of skin problems!)
In a nutshell:
- A blend botanical extracts selected to help rebalance acne prone skin
- Provides anti-inflammatory relief for acne breakouts
- Help balance hormones that can trigger new breakouts
- Kills acne causing bacteria with anti-microbial properties
- Can be applied to multiple areas of the body
- Won’t clog pores
- 100% natural
How to Use:
General Application & Tips:
- After washing your face, drop a small amount of serum into your clean hands and rub it into your skin (face or body - see more info below). Follow up with a hydrating product, and then a moisturizer. Do not skip the hydrating / moisturizing step!
- This serum doesn't have to be applied to your face! This is great if you're already using a facial serum and don't want to double up (although you can! Serums and mists can be doubled up, tripled up, etc - use as many as you need to target your skin concerns! Your skin knows exactly how to put the ingredients in our products to work - even if you apply a few of them at once!)
- If you'd like to apply it to areas other than your face, aim for the "softest" areas on your body (see the image below)
- For you, this serum should be applied to the areas affected with acne! This is because the anti-bacteria properties of this serum kills acne bacteria! If you find this serum to be "too strong", mix it with one of our mists (see this blog post) or one of our other serums.
- Be sure to follow up this serum with a hydrating product and a moisturizer as your skin will need to be well hydrated & moisturized after application of our Skin Support Serum.
- It's best not to apply this serum to the same area every day. Some lovelies will find that once a week is enough to keep their complexion under control. Start with once a week, and add the serum to your routine more often if needed. Do not use more than once a day.
Rosacea & Eczema Application:
- Instead of using this serum to get skin-supporting benefits, our rosacea and eczema prone babes are best going with our Skin Support Tea.
- Size: 1oz / 30g
- Note: Batty's serums are non-comedogenic, so no need to worry about clogged pores or a greasy residue.
- Packaged in glass bottle with a dropper lid
*Should not be used during pregnancy.
- Wild yam root extract
- Red clover blossom extract
- Chaste tree berry extract
- Burdock root extract
- Sarsaparilla root extract
- Radish root ferment filtrate (natural preservative)
This serum can be applied to the areas highlighted below (not just to your face! See "how to use" instructions above for more info)
Find out more about these icons here.
Ahhh I love this serum SO much! It's my most reached-for Batty's product! It helps prevent and heal breakouts, it helps heal and calm if I've picked (if only there was a product to help conquer the picking habit), it helps my skin absorb moisture better. I back off on it during that week or so of my cycle when my skin is ready to breathe and glow on its own, but other than that I use it daily and it's wonderful. This was the second of Batty's goodies that I fell in love with (I introduced one at a time to make sure the changes were real and that each product was a good fit) and it's in my routine to stay.
I love this serum! It works great on any new acne that pops up due to hormones. I apply it twice a day when I'm breaking out and it helps clear everything up in jiffy! I would definitely recommend this to anyone dealing with breakouts !
Amazing stuff! I love the smell and feel of it. really think it has been an integral part of reigning in my troublesome skin. Seriously, where does such angry, cystic acne come from in your 40's?!? I have had a little trouble with the dispenser. The thin liquid comes out so hard it splatters out of the palm of my hand a little. And I don't want to waste a drop of it. I've ended up putting it in a sterile glass dropper bottle. I will definitely make sure to reorder it before it's gone.
I have struggled with acne for YEARS. I've used multiple dermatologist recommended creams and various face washes, all of which promised to 'cure' my acne. And they did, for about a week, and then I would break out again. It's like I would develop a resistance to them, or something. Acne also runs in my family, and because of my mother, who is in her forties and still struggles with acne, I found you. It started with the detox, which actually cleared up a lot of my little acne spots. And that worked and it still works. But I had awful deep, possibly borderline cystic acne on my cheeks. And NOTHING worked. It was awful, it was ugly, and I dealt with it for six months, covering it up with full coverage foundation and concealer. And then on a whim I bought your Skin Support Serum. It has made my skin so much better. I could cry, I am so happy. I'm actually tearing up right now. I have struggled with acne for so long, and you've made a product that has already begun to improve it with only a week of use. I am so impressed and I am so thankful. Thank you so much. I don't even have words to express how much better I feel about myself and my skin because of this product. You make amazing things. Thanks again, Mackensie
I've been struggling with acne for years. The kind of acne that makes you want to stay home from family functions and not go out with friends. My face didn't break out, it erupted. This serum has changed the texture of my skin, has reduced the redness and has calmed my acne considerably. I am SO impressed, and I am so happy I found this product. I actually feel like I have a face again, and not just acne. Thank you Batty for creating this, it has saved my skin.
I truly can't say enough wonderful things about this product. I'm 33 years old and have suffered with hormonal acne for over 13 years now (breaking out under my jaw). I have tried literally everything from the most expensive creams/serums on the market, to treatments at dermatologists offices, peels, etc., and nothing worked for my hormonal acne. I randomly came across Batty's Bath researching hormonal acne on the internet, and this popped up. It was worth a try......and I am beyond elated! The serum feels like an alcohol based astringent; however, soaks in quickly, smells good (at least to me), and my flare ups are literally gone by the end of the day (or the next morning). I plan on purchasing several bottles to share with my friends, and mostly, to never run out. My skin has never looked this clear (all month). Thank you Batty! I'm so excited to try more products. Please, NEVER close up shop! This product has saved me!!!!
I agree with a previous reviewer- that the Skin Support Serum feels more like a toner. It's almost a little like alcohol. It is slightly drying but just use a hydrator and moisturizer and it all evens out.
This serum feels more like a toner to me but it works great. It feels tingly when I put it on. But the proof that it works has been in the fact that when I had that "time of the month" recently, my skin was actually getting clearer instead of worse!
Thank you Batty - this serum is exactly what my tired skin has needed. I've been using your serums for nearly a year now and love the smooth results. Thank you!
This serum has a very healing, almost astringent feel when I use it - not a harsh, burning astringent like some acne toners, but a nice, subtle, tingly "I'm healing your skin" astringent feel. This works great on my hormonal break-out prone chin! The smell is great, too! I haven't quite figured out why, but the smell reminds me of a really good cup of coffee. Crazy, right? I love this stuff!