What makes the Soothing Cleanser so awesome?
Do you suffer with sensitive skin... and by that we mean in SENSITIVE skin (caps-lock intended)? When you walk down the soap aisle of your local department store, can you hear your pores screaming? Fortunately for you, Batty designed her Soothing Cleanser with you in mind. Meant for those with inflamed, irritated, sensitive skin and/or those suffering eczema or rosacea, this 100% natural, handmade, soap-free cleanser contains no drying or irritating ingredients and is like a healing hug for your face.
We’ve all heard of the soothing benefits of Chamomile and Aloe Vera (which of course Batty included in this cleanser), but just to add an extra boost of skin nursing power, this cleanser also contains Witch Hazel, best known for its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to aid in the healing process.
Sound too good to be true? Well there’s more. The soothing cleanser also includes Burdock Roots, an antifungal and antibacterial agent that has been used for centuries as a topical remedy for acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
In a nutshell:
- Designed for those with extremely sensitive, inflamed skin
- Gentle and soothing for those with rosacea
- No drying or irritating ingredients
- Soap Free
- Cream Cleanser
- 100% natural
- Removes dirt, pollution, makeup and excess oil all while being a soap-free cleanser
- Contains Aloe Vera, Cucumber Extract and Chamomile Water, all meant to help aid in skin irritation and inflammation
- Has a clean minty + citrus scent (naturally occurring from essential oils)
- Vegan friendly
Can I use this cleanser if I have Rosacea?
Because all of the ingredients are super gentle, this cleanser is sensitive skin safe! Rosacea-prone skin may also see great results due to the moisturizing, circulation promoting, anti-inflammatory, soothing, skin softening, damage restoring, anti-bacterial/fungal/viral properties! However, some folks with rosacea notice that their skin doesn't play nice with even small amounts of lemon or lime essential oils.
If you've used any of our other products that have lemon or lime in them and your skin has given them the thumbs up, you should be ok with this cleanser (A couple lemon/lime containing products you might have tried already could include our Charcoal Detox Mask or Pure Amore Gel Cleanser. However, if you have used a lemon or lime containing product and your skin didn't find them gentle enough, this cleanser might not be right for you. This cleanser contains considerably more lemon than our Pure Amore Gel Cleanser but much less than our Charcoal Detox Mask.
How to use the Soothing Cleanser
- Wet your beautiful face with luke-warm water. You want to open the pores, without drying your skin with hot water.
- Do the hokey-pokey and shake the Soothing Cleanser all about.
- Pump a nickel-sized amount into your palm
- Massage into face using gentle circular motions with your hands. If you have sensitive skin, avoid using a cloth to do this.
- Rinse your face with that same luke-warm water. Pat dry with clean towel.
- 3.5 oz / 100 g
- Packaged in glass bottle with a plastic pump
- It's best to use this cleanser within 6 to 8 months of receiving it.
- Shake well
- Rosacea Note: If you have rosacea and it's chronic / severe / reacts to lemon or citrus ingredients, go with our Pure Amore Gel Cleanser instead.
- Organic sea buckthorn oil
- Organic grape seed oil
- Organic avocado oil
- Organic lemon essential oil
- Organic peppermint essential oil
- Organic lavender essential oil
- Organic lime essential oil
- Organic green tea extract
- Organic rosemary leaf extract
- Organic burdock extract
- Organic cucumber extract
- Organic Aloe
- Organic chamomile hydrosol
- Witch hazel
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Emulsifying Wax NF
- Vitamin E (soy derived)
- Jojoba esters
- Radish root ferment filtrate (natural preservative)
Find out more about these icons here.
I really like this cleanser, since I have Rosacea and can't use anything abrasive. I love how it makes my skin feel. Thank you for amazing botanical products !!
I've recently switched over to green products after realizing how sensitive my skin is. I don't suffer from rosacea but I have dry sensitive skin. This cleanser is AMAZING for my skin! It's gentle enough to use everyday, my skin feels rejuvenated and CLEANSED without my skin feeling tight and dry. I've also noticed my skin evening out and any redness is gone. So glad to have discovered this. It's too bad I live in Texas with the shipping costs but this product is worth it!
This cleanser is the first one of many I've tried that soothes my sensitive skin, especially my eyelids.
I am new to Batty's products. I have been searching for products to put on my face that food grade. I know that sounds silly but as a nurse I know it matters not just what we ingest but what we put on our largest organ - our skin. I am loving this stuff. My almost 56 year-old skin has never looked or felt better.
This product is a really soothing alternative to the more harsh face wash and scrubs I have been mixing it into my routine when I feel my face is really dry . I also find it helps to just rinse my face with warm water in the morning while I'm going through the process of dry skin from the acne prone kit and using the scrub or bar soap at night time
I'm thrilled with the cleanser. It does the job of removing make up very well, even eye make up, but feels good on the skin and leaves it soft. Best cleaner I've ever tried.
I've only been using this cleanser for about three weeks but I love it so far. I have dry skin and acne on my chin and since I've been using this cleanser I feel that my skin is calmer and less red.
This cleanser is mild enough not to dry out aging skin. My skin feels so clean and soft afterward.
This is by far the best cleanser I have ever used. Its gentle, but removes ALL of my make up (its true, I see it all in the sink) thoroughly and leaves skin feeling soft and refreshed. Love this stuff and you only need a little.
This is the first cleanser my rosacea hasn't flared up from! My face feels clean after and doesn't get irritated at all!